James F. Shannon: Who Was Molly Shannon’s Father?
James F. Shannon – Molly Helen Shannon was a cast member of Saturday Night Live from 1995 through 2001.
Molly Shannon is the daughter of James Francis Shannon, a sales manager, and Mary Margaret “Peg” (née Keating), a teacher.
Molly Shannon’s mother, younger sister, and cousin were killed in a vehicle accident when she was four years old, as a result of her father’s intoxicated driving.
James F. Shannon, Molly Shannon’s father, died after battling alcoholism for many years.
For her part in the film Other People, Molly Shannon won the Film Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Actress in 2017.
Molly Shannon has appeared in a number of films as a supporting actress, including:
- Happiness (1998),
- A Night at the Roxbury (1998),
- Never Been Kissed (1999),
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000),
- Wet Hot American Summer (2001),
- First Day of Camp (2015) and its follow-up
- Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later (2017),
- Osmosis Jones (2001),
- My Boss’s Daughter (2003),
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006), and
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl (2015).
Molly Shannon also has roles in the animated flicks Igor (2008) and the Hotel Transylvania film series (2012–2022).
Molly Shannon is best known for her roles in the television shows Enlightened (2013), Divorce (2016–2019), and The White Lotus (2021).