The untimely departure of individuals is always a challenging reality to come to terms with, particularly when it occurs unexpectedly. Within the realm of Hollywood, the abrupt loss of celebrities garners even more attention. Coping with the passing of a prominent figure from the entertainment industry is undeniably difficult, and there are instances where their departure transpires well before it should have.
The memory of Nick Gereffi, who left us too soon, remains alive despite his absence. Nick Gereffi was employed as a casting associate at Bowling Miscia Casting in New York. His contributions extended to notable television series such as Gotham on FOX, where he served as a casting associate. Moreover, his involvement encompassed other renowned American TV productions, including the first and second seasons of Master of None (2015-2017), as well as the second season of Power (2014-2015), among various others.
Nick Gereffi’s profile summary
- Full name: Nick Gereffi
- Nickname: Nick, Gereffi
- Gender: Male
- Date of birth: 8th August 1984
- Date of death: December 2017
- Age at death: 33 years
- Zodiac sign: Leo
- Place of birth: Los Angeles, California, USA
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Christianity
- Sexuality: Straight
- Height in feet: 5’8”
- Height in centimetres: 173
- Weight in pounds: 142
- Weight in kilograms: 64
- Shoe size: 8 (US)
- Hair colour: Black
- Eye colour: Dark brown
- Marital/relationship status: Single
- College/University: Marymount Manhattan College
- Profession: Casting assistant
Who was Nick Gereffi?
An adept casting aide from the United States, Nick emerged on August 8, 1984, in Los Angeles, California, USA. Holding American nationality, he identified with a white ethnic background. However, details regarding his parents and siblings remain undisclosed.
Following his secondary education, Nick Gereffi enrolled at Marymount Manhattan College, where he pursued studies from 2008 to 2012. In 2012, he successfully attained a bachelor’s degree in Communication Arts upon graduation. His college days were illuminated by his notable attributes, including a remarkable sense of humor, keen intellect, and a compassionate nature.
What was Nick Gereffi’s cause of death?
The precise reason behind his passing has never been disclosed by his family to the public. Nevertheless, speculation suggests that the casting associate embarked on a boating trip one day but failed to come back. Despite his remains being found on the shoreline several days later, the circumstances surrounding the entire tragedy remain shrouded in uncertainty, leaving the question of why and how it occurred unanswered.
What was Nick Gereffi famous for?
Renowned for his prowess in the film industry as a producer, Nick gained prominence. His journey commenced in 2009 when he collaborated with Junkyard Dog Productions, a theatre company with a distinct approach. Subsequently, he extended his expertise to serve as a casting assistant and coordinator across several establishments, including:
- NBCUniversal, Inc.
- The Carrie Diaries (The CW)
- Kromer Casting
- Cody Beke Casting
Furthermore, he co-founded the Indigo Theatre Project in 2013, assuming the role of co-founding artistic director. His exceptional skills garnered a multitude of acknowledgments from individuals, film directors, and producers alike. His contributions were even recognized by the Casting Society of America.
Nick’s significant role as a casting associate under the guidance of casting directors Kim Miscia and Beth Bowling for the television series Gotham cemented his reputation. Subsequently, his career experienced a transformative trajectory as he lent his talents to projects such as Power, Master of None, Falling Water, and You.
In the series You, Nick Gereffi portrayed the character of a casting associate across all ten episodes. Noteworthy credits within the casting department include:
2018 – You
- Bluebeard’s Castle (2018)
- Candace (2018)
- You Got Me, Babe (2018)
- Everythingship (2018)
- Amour Fou (2018)
- Living with the Enemy (2018)
- The Captain (2018)
- Maybe (2018)
- The Last Nice Guy In New York (2018)
- Pilot (2018)
2015 to 2017 – Gotham
- A Dark Knight: They Who Hide Behind Masks (2017)
- A Dark Knight: The Fear Reaper (2017)
- A Dark Knight: Pax Penguina (2017)
- Wrath of the Villains: Transference (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: A Legion of Horribles (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: Unleashed (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: Azrael (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: Pinewood (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: Into the Woods (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: Prisoners (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: Mad Grey Dawn (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: This Ball of Mud and Meanness (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: A Dead Man Feels No Cold (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: Mr Freeze (2016)
- Rise of the Villains: Worse Than a Crime (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: The Son of Gotham (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: A Bitter Pill to Swallow (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: Tonight’s the Night (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: Mommy’s Little Monster (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: By Fire (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: Scarification (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: Strike Force (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: The Last Laugh (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: Knock, Knock (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: Damned If You Do (2015)
2015 to 2017 – Master of None
- Buona Notte (2017)
- Amarsi Un Pò (2017)
- Thanksgiving (2017)
- Door #3 (2017)
- The Dinner Party (2017)
- Le Nozze (2017)
- First Date (2017)
- New York, I Love You (2017)
- Religion (2017)
- The Thief (2017)
- Finale (2015)
- Ladies and Gentlemen (2015)
- Mornings (2015)
- The Other Man (2015)
- Nashville (2015)
- Old People (2015)
- Hot Ticket (2015)
- Parents (2015)
- Plan B (2015)
- Indians on TV (2015)
2016 – Falling Water
- Ambergris (2016)
- Castles Made of Sand (2016)
- Monsters, Most Familiar (2016)
- Calling the Vasty Deep (2016)
2015 – Power
- Ghost Is Dead (2015)
- Time’s Up (2015)
- Three Moves Ahead (2015)
- You’re Not the Man (2015)
- Who You Are and Who You Want to Be (2015)
- You’re the Only Person I Can Trust (2015)
- Like We’re Any Other Couple (2015)
- No Friends on the Street (2015)
- Consequences (2015)
The others include:
- 2015 – Nasty Baby
- 2014 – October Gale
- 2014 – Crisis
- 2014 – Growing Up Fisher
- 2014 – About a Boy
- 2013 – The Carrie Diaries
- 2013 – Sean Saves the World
In 2018, he was posthumously honored with the New York Film and Television Market Associate Spotlight Award at the Artios Awards, an esteemed recognition presented by the Casting Society of America (CSA).
Nick Gereffi’s fast facts
- Who is Nick Gereffi? He was an American casting associate and director.
- At what age did Nick Gereffi pass away? He left us at the age of 33.
- What were the physical dimensions of Nick Gereffi? Nick stood at a height of 5 feet 8 inches and carried a weight of 65 kg. He possessed dark brown eyes and black hair, with a footwear size of 8 (US).
- What were the circumstances of Nick Gereffi’s passing? The precise information concerning the casting assistant’s demise has not been disclosed to the public.
- Where did Nick Gereffi pursue his education? Following his elementary and secondary schooling, he enrolled at Marymount Manhattan College to obtain a degree in Communication Arts.
- For what reason was Nick Gereffi renowned? He gained prominence as a premier casting assistant, as evidenced by his contributions to projects like Gotham, You, The Carrie Diaries, and Growing Up Fisher.
- Who were the parents of Nick Gereffi?
- Who comprised Nick Gereffi’s family? Regrettably, there is no publicly available information regarding his spouse and offspring. This is attributed to his deliberate choice to maintain his personal life outside of the public spotlight.
The unexpected passing of Nick Gereffi left his fans in a state of shock. This American luminary was at the pinnacle of his career when news of his departure surfaced. His legacy will eternally endure, a testament to his remarkable skill, diligent efforts, and unwavering dedication to his craft.