You can learn about Peter Obi Net Worth, as well as his biography and career, in this article.
Let’s take a look at Peter Obi’s life, schooling, and political career before we look at his net worth.
Who is Peter Obi?
Nigerian politician and businessman Peter Gregory Obi In the 2019 Nigerian general election, Peter Obi ran as the People’s Democratic Party’s vice presidential candidate (P.D.P). He is also a presidential candidate in Nigeria’s general election in 2023.
Peter Obi, on the other hand, served as governor of Anambra from March 17, 2006 to November 2, 2006, when he was impeached, and from February 9, 2007 until May 29, 2007, when his impeachment was overturned. Despite the fact that a new election was held on April 29, 2007, he was reappointed governor on June 14, 2007, following a court judgement that he should be permitted to serve out the remainder of his four-year term. During the February 6, 2010 gubernatorial elections, Peter Obi was re-elected to a second term in office.
What is Peter Obi age?
Peter Obi is 60 years old. He was born on the 19th of July, 1961 in Onitsha, Anambra state, Nigeria.
Who is Peter Obi Wife?
In 1992, Peter Obi married Margaret Brownson Usen, and together they have two children (Gabriella Nwamaka Frances Obi and Gregory Peter Oseloka Obi). Peter Obi attends Catholic church.
Where is Peter Obi from?
Peter Obi is from Onitsha Anambra state, Nigeria. Anambra state is located in the Eastern part of Nigeria.
Peter Obi Education
Peter Obi attended Christ the King College, Onitsha, where he completed his secondary school education. He was admitted to the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, in 1980, graduating with a B.A (Hons) in philosophy in 1984.
Peter Obi attended Lagos business school, Nigeria, where he did his Chief executive program, Harvard business school, Boston, USA, where he did two programs, London School of Economics, Columbia southwest school, New York, USA, Institute for management development, Switzerland where he also got two certificates in Senior Executive Program and Chief Executive Officers program. He also attended Kellogg graduate school of Management, USA, Oxford University: Said business school and Cambridge University: George business school.
What is Peter Obi Political Party
Peter Obi was a member of the People’s Democratic Party (P.D.P). Unfortunately, on the 25th of May, 2022, Peter Obi left P.D.P to join Labour Party.
Now let us take a look at Peter Obi net worth.
What is Peter Obi Net Worth?
Peter Obi net worth is estimated to $15 million. Peter Obi was a business man and trader before he ventured into politics. According to Peter Obi, he started his life as a trader, being born into trading family before venturing into the corporate world. He held leadership positions in some private establishments.
Peter Obi companies over the years?
Peter Obi has served in a lot of companies, some of the companies he served includes:
- Next International Nigeria Ltd.
- Chairman and director of Guardian Express Mortgage Bank Ltd.
- Guardian Express Bank Plc.
- Future View Securities Ltd.
- Paymaster Nigeria Ltd.
- Chams Nigeria Ltd.
- Data Corp Ltd and Card Centre Ltd.
- He was the youngest chairman of Fidelity Bank Plc.
Peter Obi Awards
Some of the awards won by Peter Obi include the following:
- Sun Newspaper’s Man of the Year (2007)
- Thisday Newspaper’s Most Prudent Governor in Nigeria (2009)
- Champion Newspaper’s Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Governor (2009)
- West Africa ICT Development Award for Governor of the Year (2010)
- Zik Leadership Prize (2011)
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Best Performing Governor on Immunization in South-East Nigeria (2012)
- Ezeife Leadership Foundation’s Leadership and Good Governance Award (2012)
- Methodist Church of Nigeria’s Golden Award on Prudence (2012); Business Hallmark Newspaper’s Man of the Year (2012)
- Silverbird’s Man of the Year (2013)
- The Voice Newspaper’s Award for Outstanding Example in Leadership and Governance (2014)
- Champion Newspaper’s Most Outstanding Igbo Man of the Decade (2014)
- Nigerian Library Association’s Golden Merit Award (2014)
- Catholic Diocese of Onitsha’s Golden Jubilee Award (2015)
Summary of Peter Obi net worth
Below is the summary of the net worth of Peter Obi;
|Date of birth||July 19, 1961|
|State of Origin||Anambra state|
|Net worth||$15 million|
|Source of wealth||Business and Politics|
|Spouse(s)||Margaret Brownson Usen|