The University of Waterloo, situated in Ontario, Canada, has earned its reputation as an esteemed institution, celebrated for its unwavering commitment to academic excellence and innovation. The University of Waterloo stands as a vanguard of higher education, widely acknowledged for its rigorous academic programs and forward-thinking educational approach. It boasts a rich history of innovation and a steadfast focus on research and experiential learning, thus solidifying its status as a global academic leader.
Often referred to as Canada’s “Silicon Valley,” the university is deeply rooted in the tech industry and serves as a vibrant hub for innovation and entrepreneurship. Within its halls, a vibrant culture of creativity, problem-solving, and pioneering research thrives, providing an ideal environment for students to engage in transformative academic experiences.
- Host University: University of Waterloo;
- Host Country: Canada;
- Study Level: Undergraduate, Masters and PhD Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 2,500$ – 10,000$;
- Eligible Countries: National and International Students;
- Subjects Available: All Subjects;
- Application Deadline: The scholarship is open;
The David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards, presented by the University of Waterloo, extend a prestigious scholarship opportunity. These awards are thoughtfully crafted to empower students to pursue international experiences that transcend the confines of conventional classroom learning.
The fundamental aim of the David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards is to provide financial support to University of Waterloo students eager to broaden their horizons through international experiences. Whether one’s ambitions involve studying abroad, participating in international co-op programs, or engaging in global research projects, these awards serve as a catalyst, enabling students to embrace the world as their classroom.
Recipients of these awards receive financial assistance, which varies depending on the specific program and expenses involved in the international experience.
These awards open doors to a realm of possibilities, offering financial support that ranges from $2,500 to $10,000. They are designed to enrich your educational journey through various avenues:
- Academic Adventures: Planning for a one-term study abroad experience? You can secure up to $2,500 to make your international study adventure more accessible, helping cover the associated costs.
- Professional Pursuits: For those who aspire to embark on hands-on work or volunteer experiences lasting a single term, financial support ranging from $2,500 to $5,000 is available to bolster your career development and broaden your horizons.
- Extended Engagement: If you’re venturing into a more extensive two-term work or volunteer experience, you have the opportunity to receive substantial financial backing of up to $10,000, ensuring you have the resources needed to make the most of your global engagement.
These awards not only enrich your international experiences but also make them financially feasible, ensuring that whether you’re pursuing academic exploration or professional growth abroad, your aspirations can materialize.
It is crucial for prospective applicants to thoroughly review the detailed requirements provided by the University of Waterloo. Typically, these awards are available to University of Waterloo students interested in embarking on international experiences as part of their educational journey.
The application process for these awards typically involves submitting an application to the University of Waterloo. This application includes details about the proposed international experience and the associated costs.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://uwaterloo.ca/student-awards-financial-aid/awards/david-johnston-lebovic-foundation-international-experience