Julia Carin Cavazos, who goes by the stage name Julia Michaels, is an American singer and songwriter. She began her singing journey at the age of 12 and collaborated with songwriter Joleen Belle to write her first song, “Austin and Ally Theme.” In January 2017, Julia released her inaugural single, “Issues.” Her debut album, “Not in Chronological Order,” was launched on April 30, 2021, under Republic Records.
Julia Michaels Biography
- Birth Name: Julia Carin Cavazos
- Nickname: Jules
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter
- Genres: Pop, Dance, EDM
- Instruments: Vocals, Piano, Guitar
- Labels: Republic
- Birthday / Date of Birth: Julia was born on 13 November 1993, in Davenport, Iowa, U.S.
- Age: She is currently 29 years old.
- Hometown: Davenport, Iowa, U.S.
- Sun Sign: Scorpio
- Education: As she started singing at an early age, she didn’t have time to go to regular school and was homeschooled.
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Christianity
Julia Michaels was born to Juan Manuel Cavazos and Julie Doreen. Her father, of Mexican-Puerto Rican heritage, adopted the name John Michaels when pursuing an acting career. She has an older sister, Jaden Michaels, who is also a songwriter. Julia’s paternal grandparents are Rolando Alejandro Cavazos Carmona and Ofelia García. Her maternal grandparents are Arthur Thomas Scriven Jr. and Juanita Sue.
Julia Michaels Love Life
In July 2019, Julia entered a romantic relationship with her boyfriend, JP Saxe, a Canadian musician. They collaborated on the duet “If the World Was Ending.” However, their relationship came to an end in September 2022.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Her debut single, Issues was released in January 2017. She released her second EP named Futuristic in April 2012.
She didn’t have any of her theatrical releases yet.
In 2012, she made her first TV show appearance in the series Shameless as a performer.
Julia Michaels Net Worth
As of 2023, Julia Michaels‘ estimated net worth is approximately $4 million. She has worked with a multitude of artists, including Demi Lovato, Fifth Harmony, Selena Gomez, Nicole Scherzinger, Hailee Steinfeld, Justin Bieber, Kelly Clarkson, Little Mix, Nick Jonas, Rita Ora, Zedd, Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani, John Legend, Linkin Park, Ed Sheeran, Zara Larsson, and Lea Michele, among many more.
Social Media Portfolio
Julia Michaels Facts
- She began to learn the piano when her mother gave her a piano as a gift when she was 11 years old.
- Michaels initially aspired to be a poet, but she eventually recognized the profound influence of music on people’s lives, leading her to transform her poetry into songs.
- Julia Michaels has several tattoos, including a treble clef on one of her knuckles, as well as a microphone, a piano, and a quill on her arms. She also has a typewriter inked on her right bicep.
- She performed “Carry Me” along with Norwegian musician Kygo in the 2016 Summer Olympics.
- Her single Issues reached #23 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and also reached the Top 10 in Australia, Denmark, Norway, and the UK.