Coming to terms with death is always challenging, and there are times when individuals depart from this world earlier than anticipated. In the realm of Hollywood, unexpected celebrity deaths draw even more attention. Coping with the loss of a prominent figure in Hollywood is always a difficult task, but in certain situations, a star’s demise occurs well before its expected time. The passing of Nick Gereffi is one such instance where a person may be gone, but their memory lingers on.
Nick Gereffi served as an associate at Bowling Miscia Casting in New York, where he held the position of casting associate on various television series. His work included contributions to shows such as Gotham for FOX, as well as involvement in other American TV series like the first two seasons of Master of None (2015-2017) and the second season of Power (2014-2015), among others.
Nick Gereffi’s profile summary
- Full name: Nick Gereffi
- Nickname: Nick, Gereffi
- Gender: Male
- Date of birth: 8th August 1984
- Date of death: December 2017
- Age at death: 33 years
- Zodiac sign: Leo
- Place of birth: Los Angeles, California, USA
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Christianity
- Sexuality: Straight
- Height in feet: 5’8”
- Height in centimetres: 173
- Weight in pounds: 142
- Weight in kilograms: 64
- Shoe size: 8 (US)
- Hair colour: Black
- Eye colour: Dark brown
- Marital/relationship status: Single
- College/University: Marymount Manhattan College
- Profession: Casting assistant
Who was Nick Gereffi?
Nick was a skilled casting assistant hailing from the United States. He was born on August 8, 1984, in Los Angeles, California, USA. His nationality was American, and his ethnicity was Caucasian. However, he did not disclose any details about his parents or siblings.
Following his completion of high school, he pursued higher education at Marymount Manhattan College, where he studied from 2008 to 2012. He successfully earned his bachelor’s degree in Communication Arts in 2012. During his time in college, he was well-known for his remarkable sense of humor, sharp intellect, and his compassionate nature.
What was Nick Gereffi’s cause of death?
The precise reason for his passing has never been disclosed by his family in the public domain. There are reports suggesting that the casting associate ventured out on his boat one day and did not come back. Although his body was discovered on the shore days later, the exact circumstances of this tragedy remain unknown.
What was Nick Gereffi famous for?
He gained recognition for his remarkable skills as a film producer. Nick’s career commenced with Junkyard Dog Productions, a theater company, back in 2009. Following that, he assumed roles as a casting assistant and coordinator in a variety of organizations, including:
- NBCUniversal, Inc.
- The Carrie Diaries (The CW)
- Kromer Casting
- Cody Beke Casting
He also took on the role of co-founding artistic director at the Indigo theatre project in 2013. His exceptional abilities earned him numerous accolades and acknowledgments from individuals, film directors, and producers. His contributions were also acknowledged by the Casting Society of America.
Nick is notably recognized for his work as a casting associate, collaborating with casting directors Kim Miscia and Beth Bowling on the TV series Gotham. His career experienced a significant turning point as he became involved in projects like Power, Master of None, Falling Water, and You.
In the TV series “You,” Nick Gereffi portrayed the character of a casting associate in all ten episodes. His other accomplishments within the casting department encompass:
2018 – You
- Bluebeard’s Castle (2018)
- Candace (2018)
- You Got Me, Babe (2018)
- Everythingship (2018)
- Amour Fou (2018)
- Living with the Enemy (2018)
- The Captain (2018)
- Maybe (2018)
- The Last Nice Guy In New York (2018)
- Pilot (2018)
2015 to 2017 – Gotham
- A Dark Knight: They Who Hide Behind Masks (2017)
- A Dark Knight: The Fear Reaper (2017)
- A Dark Knight: Pax Penguina (2017)
- Wrath of the Villains: Transference (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: A Legion of Horribles (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: Unleashed (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: Azrael (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: Pinewood (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: Into the Woods (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: Prisoners (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: Mad Grey Dawn (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: This Ball of Mud and Meanness (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: A Dead Man Feels No Cold (2016)
- Wrath of the Villains: Mr Freeze (2016)
- Rise of the Villains: Worse Than a Crime (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: The Son of Gotham (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: A Bitter Pill to Swallow (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: Tonight’s the Night (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: Mommy’s Little Monster (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: By Fire (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: Scarification (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: Strike Force (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: The Last Laugh (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: Knock, Knock (2015)
- Rise of the Villains: Damned If You Do (2015)
2015 to 2017 – Master of None
- Buona Notte (2017)
- Amarsi Un Pò (2017)
- Thanksgiving (2017)
- Door #3 (2017)
- The Dinner Party (2017)
- Le Nozze (2017)
- First Date (2017)
- New York, I Love You (2017)
- Religion (2017)
- The Thief (2017)
- Finale (2015)
- Ladies and Gentlemen (2015)
- Mornings (2015)
- The Other Man (2015)
- Nashville (2015)
- Old People (2015)
- Hot Ticket (2015)
- Parents (2015)
- Plan B (2015)
- Indians on TV (2015)
2016 – Falling Water
- Ambergris (2016)
- Castles Made of Sand (2016)
- Monsters, Most Familiar (2016)
- Calling the Vasty Deep (2016)
2015 – Power
- Ghost Is Dead (2015)
- Time’s Up (2015)
- Three Moves Ahead (2015)
- You’re Not the Man (2015)
- Who You Are and Who You Want to Be (2015)
- You’re the Only Person I Can Trust (2015)
- Like We’re Any Other Couple (2015)
- No Friends on the Street (2015)
- Consequences (2015)
The others include:
- 2015 – Nasty Baby
- 2014 – October Gale
- 2014 – Crisis
- 2014 – Growing Up Fisher
- 2014 – About a Boy
- 2013 – The Carrie Diaries
- 2013 – Sean Saves the World
In 2018, he was posthumously honored with an award at the New York Film and Television Market Associate Spotlight Award, which is one of the Casting Society of America’s (CSA) Artios Awards.
Nick Gereffi’s fast facts
- Who was Nick Gereffi? He worked as a casting associate and director in the United States.
- How old was Nick Gereffi when he died? He left this world at the age of 33.
- What were Nick Gereffi’s body measurements? Nick stood at a height of 5 feet 8 inches and had a weight of 65 kg. His eyes were a deep shade of brown, and he had black hair. He typically wore shoes in size 8 (US).
- How did Nick Gereffi die? The specific circumstances surrounding the casting assistant’s death have not been disclosed to the public.
- Where did Nick Gereffi study? Following his completion of elementary and high school, he enrolled at Marymount Manhattan College to pursue a degree in Communication Arts.
- What was Nick Gereffi famous for? He gained recognition for being among the most accomplished casting assistants, evident in his contributions to notable shows like Gotham, You, The Carrie Diaries, and Growing Up Fisher.
- Who were Nick Gereffi’s parents? There is no publicly known information about Nick Gereffi’s parents, as he kept his personal life away from the public eye.
- Who were Nick Gereffi’s wife and children? Regrettably, there is no publicly available information regarding his spouse and offspring. This is due to his practice of maintaining a private personal life away from the public’s scrutiny.
The unexpected passing of Nick Gereffi came as a shock to his fans, particularly because he was at the peak of his career. He will be forever commemorated for his outstanding performance, dedication, and hard work in his profession.